Whether you get dumped or you are the one to finish it all, breaking up is never easy. Letting go of the one you love, especially after weeks, months or even years of accumulating treasured memories can feel like breaking yourself into pieces. But the positive side to a breakup is what we can learn about ourselves. Taking a hiatus from love affords us the chance to get reacquainted with ourselves and helps us come to realize that we are not alone out there in our heartbreak. People have suffered from broken hearts back through hundreds and hundreds of years and yes, they have healed too. So whether you’re ready to move on or still feeling a little raw from your emotions, thebreakupcafe are Top 10 Painful Breakup Quotes to get you through it.
10 Most Painful Breakup Quotes
Every relationship whether they seem to be perfect or not, it can end simply because they are not meant to be. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been together or how many love struggles you’ve been through; if it’s not meant, then it is nothing. So here’s a collection of breakup quotes that perfectly describes just how much having a broken heart SUCKS.
1.”The heart was made to be broken.” — Oscar Wilde
2. It’s not your fault for not being there, it’s my fault for thinking you would be!
3. Sadly enough, the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained. – Jonathan Harnisch
4. ‘People cry, not because they are weak. It is because they’ve been strong for too long.’ – Johnny Depp
5. “When you leave weary of me without a work, I shall gently let you go.”— Kim Sowol
6. One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you, then you’re gonna hate yourself for letting me go. – Drake
7. Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful.” – Paulo Coelho
8. “What if the person you love is both the knife and the band-aid?”
9. ‘Let it hurt. Let it bleed. Let it heal. And let it go.’ – Nikita Gill
10. “How do you know when it’s over?”
“Maybe when you feel more in love with your memories than with the person standing in front of you.”
― Gunnar Ardelius
Some breakups end amicably on a good note, some end sadly, and there are even some breakups that end rather terribly. While it is always possible to get over a breakup, it can take some time. From several weeks to even years, we all deal with our breakups in different ways. Well, yeah, these quotes will make you feel how sometimes love sucks. But hopefully you will find your motivation back to lead a loved life in future again, and let go of what wasn’t meant to be.